IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admission: – Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus & Pattern of IGNOU BEd 2020 Entrance Test is a national level entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). The test is conducted every year in two sessions for admissions in a 2-year B.Ed Program offered at various Program Study Centres (PSCs) of IGNOU across India. According to the official confirmation dated August 21, 2019, the April session for the IGNOU B.Ed Entrance exam is all set to take place on 29th April 2020.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form Online –
The National Testing Agency(NTA) conducts the IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam for taking admissions for its B.Ed courses. The candidates seeking admission in IGNOU B.Ed course should have a bachelor’s or masters with minimum 50% marks to find themselves eligible. Indira Gandhi National Open University entrance test is conducted nationwide. Candidates are selected based on their performance in the entrance test.
It is important that the candidates fill and submit the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form Online for admission to the university. To know more details like the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc, keep reading this post till the end.
IGNOU 2020 B.Ed Admission Dates & Details
|Board Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU)|
|Submission of Application Form Online||Delayed (To be notified Here)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||To be notified|
|Editing of the Application Form Online||To be Announced|
|Online Release of Admit Card|
|Apply Link||Apply IGNOU 2020 B.E.d Admission Here|
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria –
Indira Gandhi Open University has released a notification inviting applications for its admissions earlier. However, candidates who are willing to join IGNOU will have to meet certain requirements prescribed by the University. Complete details on the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Eligibility is given below.
- Candidates willing to join IGNOU should at least have scored 50% marks either in Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Commerce/Humanity/Sciences/Social Sciences. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Mathematics and Science with minimum marks of 50% or any other qualification equivalent thereto,
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education. (OR)
- Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education program in direct mode.
- All the candidates must be aged above 21 years as on the last day of application form submission.
- Reservation for Kashmiri Migrants and War Widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
- The relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying marks required will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PwD candidates as per the norms of Government of India.
- Master’s Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for the purpose of Academic Studies in IGNOU.
IGNOU B.Ed Exam 2020 Pattern –
The first rule for the preparation of any examination is to understand the exam pattern and prepare for it accordingly. We have given detailed information below to help you understand the IGNOU B.Ed Exam Pattern 2020.
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (Objective)|
|Medium of exam||Hindi and English|
|Marking Scheme||One Mark for each correct answer No negative marking|
- The question paper is divided majorly into two sections, Section A and Section B. The section A is again divided into 4 subsections,
- General English Comprehension
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Educational and General Awareness
- Teaching Learning and the School
- Section B totally consists of the subject competency of the candidate.
- The subjects are divided into Mathematics, Social Science, Science, English and Hindi.
- The subjects are based on the curriculum of IX/X classes prescribed by the NCERT/CBSE.
IGNOU BEd 2020 Entrance Exam Syllabus –
The detailed list of subjects included in the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance exam syllabus is given below. so Mainly Concentrate on these topics to top this IGNOU Entrance Exam 2020
SECTION A –
- English Comprehension
- Basic grammar
- Reading comprehension
- Idioms & Phrase
- Antonyms/ Synonyms
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Logical reasoning (Syllogism, question-based on the statement)
- Coding – decoding
- Number Series
- Alphanumeric Series
- Blood relation
- Educational and General Awareness
- Social science/Current Affairs
- Political Science
- Teaching-Learning and the School
- Responsibility towards Societies
- Fundamentals and Principle of Education
- Aptitude and Development of Student
- Child-Centered and Progressive Education
- Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities
- Inclusive Education
- Learning and Pedagogy
- Development of Teacher Education India
- Teaching Ability
SECTION B –
There will be a total of 20 questions in the subject awareness section. Candidates have to choose and answer the section based on their educational background in the XII standard. The subjects and the respective syllabus are given below.
- Mathematics – Topics: Number System, Algebra, Simplification, Arithmetics, Geometry, Trigonometry.
- Science – Topics: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- English/Hindi – Topics: Reading Ability, Grammar, Word Usage, etc.
- Social Studies – Topics: Geography, History, Political Science, Current Affairs, Social Science, etc.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Fee –
Candidates who are willing to apply for the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admissions will have to pay an application fee of INR 600. The payment can either be made through Debit/Credit card or through Net Banking or Any other Available Method.
IGNOU B.Ed Admissions 2020 – Important Dates
|Start of Application Filling||Yet to update|
|Last date for filling of application||February 29, 2020|
|Application form correction||March 1 – 2, 2020|
|Release date of Admit card|
|Date of commencement of the exam|
Reservation in IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admission –
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||1 seat in the national merit|
FAQ’s About IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020 –
Candidates who are willing to join IGNOU B.Ed Program 2020 should have scored at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity/Commerce. For more details on eligibility, check the Eligibility Criteria section in the article above.
Candidates can apply for the IGNOU Admission 2020 on the official website of IGNOU – http://ignou.ac.in/
The marking scheme for IGNOU Entrance Exam 2020 is as follows,
1. One Mark for each correct answer
2. No negative marking
The scanned image of a recent photograph must be of size between 10kb – 200kb while that of the scanned signature is 4kb – 30kb in JPG/JPEG format.
How to Apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admissions Application Form Online at ignou.ac.in
The application process for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admission & Entrance Exam is given below. Follow the instructions carefully to fill the Application Form Online or Apply Online Please Refer to the Official website For More Accurate Information.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University – ignou.ac.in
- Step 2: Under the Alerts section on the homepage of the website, you should find a link that reads ‘IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form’. Click the link.
- Step 3: Register yourself with the board by filling in the required fields and click next to proceed to your IGNOU B.Ed Application.
- Step 4: In the next step, you will be asked to fill in all the fields present on the online application form.
- Step 5: Once you are done filling your application carefully, upload all the required documents one after the other.
- Step 6: Also, upload your photograph and scanned signature.
- Step 7: Once you are done uploading the required documents, submit the application and proceed to the payment section.
- Step 8: Make a payment of INR 600 either through Credit/Debit card or pay using Netbanking and click proceed.
- Step 9: Upon successful payment, you should be able to see a preview of your IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form on the screen.
- Step 10: Take a print out of your application form for future reference.
- 1 IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Form Online –
- 1.1 IGNOU 2020 B.Ed Admission Dates & Details
- 1.2 IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria –
- 1.3 IGNOU B.Ed Exam 2020 Pattern –
- 1.4 Alert Message
- 1.5 IGNOU BEd 2020 Entrance Exam Syllabus –
- 1.6 IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Application Fee –
- 1.7 IGNOU B.Ed Admissions 2020 – Important Dates
- 1.8 Reservation in IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admission –
- 2 How to Apply for IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Admissions Application Form Online at ignou.ac.in